This term is all about survival. We will be going on a 'Bear Grylls' type adventure, tracking back in time and thinking about how animals and explorers survive extreme conditions. We will be thinking about keeping healthy, healthy foods, classifying food groups, fair testing, drugs and medicines and the dangers associated with these.
Do you think you have what it takes to become an explorer. After this topic you will!
Homework challenge: Can you complete one of these challenges at home and bring into school to show your class teacher.
- Research an artist who draws pictures of explorers, can you draw or paint a picture of a place you may explore
- Design or make an instrument for measuring the weather, e.g. wind gauge or rainfall gauge
- Design a waterproof outfit for an explorer
- Research a famous explorer and write some facts about why they are famous
- Design a leaflet about how to survive on a dessert island
- Write a short story with a beginning, middle and end about a survival adventure
- Keep a chart about the weather over the period of a week. Can you create a graph to show the most popular weather.
- Look in your cupboards at home, can you find which item is the heaviest, which is the lightest, take a photo or draw the results.
Some useful places for you to visit online to research yourself.