Click here for our latest information and updates linked to the Coronavirus (COVID- 19)
Music at Cotmanhay Infants
What we do in our school
The children sing together once a week for a special singing assembly, our chair of governor plays the piano and children learn new songs to perform. The school produces a variety of concerts throughout the year including a traditional nativity concert and Harvest festival.
The children also performed at the local fire station to an audience and the reception pupils performed at the local home for the elderly.
What parents and carers can do to help their child
· Sing songs, chant nursery rhymes, make your own songs up
· Listen to music, encouraging your child to join in with the rhythm
· Make junk instruments with your child using old tubes, boxes, rice and pasta
· Encourage an interest in music and the playing of an instrument
· Encourage an interest in a range of music, watch a film and think about how the music makes you feel